Homeowners Insurance in Grand Junction, CO
Homeowners insurance may help protect you from the financial effects of a disaster or other event that damages or destroys your home. It may also help cover your legal liability for third-party injuries and property damage.
Contact Home Loan insurance to learn more about how a home insurance policy can help you remain financially stable.
When Is Home Insurance Required?
Home insurance is not required by law, but you may need to buy this crucial coverage under certain circumstances. When you purchase and finance a home, your mortgage lender requires proof that you have appropriate home insurance coverage.
Without homeowners insurance, you are responsible for paying the costs of repairing or rebuilding your home after a disaster. Plus, your finances are not protected from third-party liability claims that your home insurance policy may otherwise cover.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
A standard home insurance policy may provide coverage for the following risks and perils:
- Dwelling coverage—If your primary residence and attached fixtures, such as a deck or awning, are damaged by a covered event, your home insurance may help cover rebuilding costs.
- Other structures coverage—This coverage may help pay for damage or destruction of detached structures on your property, including freestanding garages and gazebos.
- Personal property coverage—This coverage may help cover costs related to repairing or replacing personal belongings in your home, including furniture, clothing, electronics and other valuables.
- Personal liability coverage—If a third party is harmed in an accident or incident at your home and you are liable for their injuries or property damage, this coverage may help pay for the associated losses.
- Loss of use coverage—If a covered event forces you to move out of your home temporarily, this coverage can help pay for additional living expenses, such as restaurant meals and hotel accommodations.
Your agent may recommend additional policies and endorsements to help tailor your home insurance to better meet your needs. For example, if you have a high-value art collection in your home, your standard homeowners policy may not provide enough protection. Adding a policy rider designed to cover collectibles and fine art may provide appropriate coverage.
Depending on your situation, your agent may also recommend that you add the following:
- Earthquake insurance
- Pet liability insurance
- Flood insurance from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Personal umbrella insurance
Where to Get Home Insurance
Contact Home Loan Insurance in Grand Junction, Colorado, to get the home insurance coverage you need at a great rate.
DISCLAIMER: “Insurance coverage cannot be bound or changed via submission of any online form/application provided on this site or otherwise. No binder, insurance policy, change, addition, and/or deletion to insurance coverage goes into effect unless and until confirmed directly by a licensed agent.”