Employee Benefits in Grand Junction, CO
Employee benefits are non-wage compensations provided to employees by their employer in addition to their regular salary or wages. Employee benefits are designed to attract and retain talented employees, improve employee morale and job satisfaction and enhance their overall well-being. Offering specific benefits can vary widely depending on the employer, industry, and job level.
Home Loan Insurance is here to help businesses of all sizes tailor their benefits packages to meet their employees’ needs while keeping costs down. Reach out today to find out how we can help you.
What’s Included in Employee Benefits?
Employee benefits are a grouping of various benefits and lines of insurance coverage that employers offer their employees. These benefits may include health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, sick leave, disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance programs, wellness programs and other fringe benefits. Every employer’s situation is unique, as are their budgets, which translates into every company offering different benefits packages.
Some common employee benefits to offer include the following:
- Group health insurance—Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), most employers are required to offer health insurance to their employees. This benefit can allow employers and employees to share premium costs, which significantly reduces employees’ personal expenses for their essential health insurance benefits.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance—This benefit can provide employees with income support following disabilities that force them off the job and cause termination in their standard paychecks. It is different from workers’ compensation insurance because it will apply even when employees get injured in accidents that happen away from work.
- Dental insurance—This benefit can provide employees with coverage for various dental services, including routine cleanings, more complicated oral surgeries and orthodontics.
- Vision insurance—This benefit can help employees maintain healthier eyesight and catch developing problems before they worsen by providing coverage for routine vision care.
- Group life insurance—This benefit allows participating employees to enroll in guaranteed-issue coverage. Applicants won’t be denied enrollment just because they have a pre-existing condition that might make it hard to qualify otherwise.
Please note the benefits mentioned above may or may not be right for your organization. Additionally, there may be other, more unique offerings that would resonate with your employee base. Work with an experienced agent today to determine the best benefits package for your organization.
Are Employee Benefits Expensive?
The costs and fees associated with your employees’ benefits will be determined by the package you choose to offer. As a business owner, you have full control over the decisions regarding which benefits to provide. To find the optimal coverage for both you and your employees, it is recommended that you reach out to your agent for guidance.
Contact Us Today
Home Loan Insurance is ready to help you navigate your employee benefits needs. Reach out today to start building a benefits package to add value to your current compensation plan.