Auto Insurance in Grand Junction, CO
Accidents can happen at any time. Whether it’s an accident involving another car or vehicular damage from a fallen tree, the threat of damage to or theft of your vehicle is ever-present. Part of being a responsible auto owner involves ensuring you have financial protection in the event you experience an accident—and auto insurance is your best defense. For 120 years, Home Loan Insurance has insured families in Grand Junction, Montrose and surrounding areas in Colorado, and we can also help you.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Auto insurance offers financial protection against property damage and liability claims related to your vehicle. It can provide financial assistance if you have an accident with another object or driver or experience nonaccident damage to your vehicle. With an auto insurance policy, you agree to pay a premium to the insurer in exchange for your chosen coverage. If you need to file a claim for a covered incident, depending on the claim, your insurer may investigate and review the claim, then remit payment, minus any applicable deductible, either directly to you or the repair shop. Every policy is different, and it’s best to work with Home Loan Insurance to understand exactly how your policy may work.
Why Is Auto Insurance Important?
Insurance is essential for numerous reasons. It gives you a financial safeguard to help cover damages if you have an accident or other type of auto incident. Additionally, auto insurance can help pay your or your passengers’ medical bills if injuries are sustained in an accident, depending on your policy. It may also cover costs related to your liabilities if you cause property damage or bodily injury to others. Without coverage, if your car is totaled, there’s an injury, or you sustain unexpected damage, you are responsible for paying all damages. Insurance provides a safety net.
Which Auto Insurance Is Best?
All types of auto insurance coverage are beneficial. Certain types of coverage may be more advantageous for your particular needs, and we can help you with a policy that gives you the protection you want. These are types of car insurance that many drivers choose to have as part of their auto policy:
- Liability insurance may help pay for the losses of the other driver and anyone else injured or harmed if you are at fault. The two main components of liability insurance are:
- Bodily injury liability coverage may pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property damage liability coverage may pay for damage to the other person’s property.
- Collision insurance may cover damage to your vehicle sustained in an accident or collision with an object.
- Comprehensive insurance may pay for nonaccident damage, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or other occurrences.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage can help pay for medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance might cover damages if someone who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage caused an accident that resulted in bodily injuries or property damage to you.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Determining how much coverage you need can be challenging, but that’s where your insurance agent can help. We’ll review your needs to help you with the proper coverage.
Where Do I Get Car Insurance?
at the team at Home Loan Insurance can meet with you in person or over the phone to help you with a car insurance policy. Call us at 970-243-6600 to get started.
DISCLAIMER: “Insurance coverage cannot be bound or changed via submission of any online form/application provided on this site or otherwise. No binder, insurance policy, change, addition, and/or deletion to insurance coverage goes into effect unless and until confirmed directly by a licensed agent.”